Thursday, November 11, 2010

Week 5- Dessert Souffle!

Dark Chocolate Souffle
Hi Ya'll! I've been sooooo busy and I haven't had time to post my recent memories.  Now I have no time to make a dress out of dessert so I made the quickfire challenge dessert souffle.  I never made a souffle before nor have I ever tasted one =] so this is all new to me.  At the end, based on the recipe and advice from Cooks Illustrated, I over cooked the bottom of the souffle and the top of the souffle was fine...but unfortunately it didn't souffle.  It poofed up in the oven but it de-poofed while it was in the oven =[.  All in all it was yummy, it might put me in bottom 3 but oh well.  There is always a first, I'm no Dessert Princess from Master Chef.

The souffle is made with dark chocolate and dusted with powder sugar.  It was yummy but too bad it didn't souffle =] especially when it is paired with chocolate.

Also, I have made my own malted hot chocolate aka Ovaltine!

No comments:

Post a Comment