Monday, October 18, 2010

Week 4- Outrageous/ Showy Desserts (Failed)

Hi everyone! I had a wonderful time with my friends this weekend =] thanks for coming and eating the food I made.  Before they left, they were able to try my week 4 dessert- which I had said was a "cheesecake bombe flambe" but I changed it- Sorry =].  Week 4 on the TCJD was hard for me to decide what to make- I couldn't make a showcase! so I decided to just do the flaming dessert.

Instead I made Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie.  This weekend I used the fresh pumpkin puree I made two weekends ago to make Pumpkin Ice Cream.  I really did want to make a bombe but decided to make an ice cream pie- instead of baking the filling I froze it and put it on a graham cracker crust.  To be my harshest critic, I thought the ice cream was a little grainy/fiber-y (did not strain/ puree it smooth enough) but I really liked it because it had great pumpkin taste and not too sweet.  I topped it with chocolate drizzle....DELISH!!!! pumpkin + chocolate is a yummmmmmmmyyyyyyyy couple =] So here how is looks like.  FYI- Saturday 10/16/10 was "The Sweetest Day" and so I made the dessert heart shaped... and not because I couldn't find my circle cookie cutter..;)


Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie
I failed in making the dessert flame... I had soaked sugar cubes in Brandy and light it on fire, but the fire wasn't large or showy enough... thus, I failed the flames.  Well, everyone got there moments...

PS:  I know i haven't done week 3 yet, but that is little more time consuming= more planning.  And another change... instead of having a bake sale, I'm doing the wedding cake =]

1 comment: