Thursday, November 11, 2010

YAYYYY!!!!!!! TOFU FA!!!!- UPDATED

I am SUPERRRR excited about this post because I wanted to make it for so long!!! I looked up, again and again, on the internet how to make it but I could never find Gypsum Powder. I asked my uncle, a chef, how to make it and he said I shouldn't try it but I really wanted to!  I was very worried about using gypsum powder because it is also used to form dry-wall, but rest assure this is FOOD GRADE gypsum powder.  =] every where online, said that you can buy the powder in the asian markets, and I couldn't find it!

funny story-  My Dearest and I was at the asian market looking for the powder but couldn't find it, we looked at every single powder they had.  I didn't know how to say it in canto, nor would the people understand me... so I found a picture of a gypsum powder bag with the chinese name on it, brought it to the store and ask a worker if they knew canto; I showed him the picture and said "I don't know how to say this or know what this is...do you?" hahhaha he said yes and that they had it, so he found it for me.  This is what I get for never learning how to read/write chinese. ahahhahaha

YUMMY Tofu Fa!
So now that I have the final ingredient, it is time for me to make the tofu fa.  My first attempt failed because I stirred it a few times after the coagulate process started. This time my Dearest helped me and poured the coagulate mixture while I poured the hot soymilk.  I started the process right after I finished cooking dinner, so I forced myself not to mix the mixture and let it coagulate =] I'm very impatient thehehehe.

I am so proud that I made FRESH Tofu Fa from fresh soymilk.  The syrup used to add a touch of sweetness is a ginger syrup.  It was sooo yummyyyyyyyyyyy. Hint of the ginger and sweetness ontop of fresf tofu fa. YUM! I am so happy that it was a success.

Here is a side sweet moment of my life- there is this feeling inside of me, I just love my Dearest more and more each day.  Even though I pretty much spend 24/7 with him, I still love seeing him and I just want to find more time to be with him.  He brings so much happiness into my life- happiness that is just so pure. 
Sorry everyone, but I want to tell the world how much he means to me.

UPDATE (FYI)- I know it sounds scary that i used gypsum powder in making this dessert, but so you know that gypsum powder is calcium sulfate, it most used coagulate to make tofu. so next time you buy tofu take a look at the ingredients and most likely it would have calcium sulfate in there.  It is what makes it from soymilk to tofu.  It is also the ingredient that adds the calcium in the tofu.  so it is safe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment