Sunday, September 26, 2010

12 week Personal Challenge

In Julie and Julia, Julie cooked her way through Julia Child's cookbook..Me? I'm going to "dessert" my way through "Top Chef- Just Desserts" elimination challenges... and if I wayyyyy out of my zone..I'll do the quickfire ones instead... 
My goal is to complete the 12 challenges by 12/31/10...so family...watch out! who knows what i'll be bringing to the holidays =].  The biggest challenge to me would be sizing the dessert right... I really don't want to make a whole cake if it is just my Dearest and I eating it... so the extra twist for me is to make the dessert RIGHT and the serving size right...  I still need to fit into a bride's maid dress next year... =]


Now I know I am a little behind since 2 episodes have already aired but oh well.. I'm not in the show =] I just want to challenge myself, and I might not be able to keep up with it- to make a weekly dessert- but I'll try.  I will not be following the time limit, get to use recipes and be adjusting things as I go- for instance: I will not be making a wedding cake (if that is the challenge) but cupcakes...sometime like that.

Also, there is a collection of food + photography blog forum called tastespotting.com.  I have been submitting my entries there but no luck- my photos aren't good enough...yet.  It is a goal of mine to make it onto that forum so I shall continue to learn how to take better photos while also completing the challenges from "Top Chef- Just Desserts." 

Wish me fun. =] 

No comments:

Post a Comment