Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Tiramisu Cupcake with Mascarpone Frosting


So Mr. W had brought the Salted Caramel Mocha Cupcake to his office and they willingly ate them all.  It got a little bit dried while in the fridge overnight but the reviews were still good!  Aimee said it is "PMS heaven."  I am so happy that they ate it all, but that means I didn't get to have another one!  After he brought them to work, I was slightly craving for them...  which leads me to a new cupcake!  Tiramisu Cupcake with Mascarpone Frosting!!! 

I got the inspiration to do this after spending a lovely time with Virginia in NYC.  She took me to a "Little Cupcake Shop"... that is literally the name of the shop (and they named their cupcake "Mott St.") Virginia said she is taking me to a little cupcake shop...I thought she was describing it and didn't think it was the name!!!  It was an okay cupcake in that, the flavors are all there but the cake was little dry and the frosting was a little dry.  I think I can do a better job... and here is the results!

This time I brought it to MY office, first time for my office to try my baking.  I think they like it... here are a few comments...

-John tries one and goes around the office announcing to everyone that they NEED to try it (at the end of the day he had 3 cupcakes)  He also said he wanted to shoot me because he is using a lot of will power not to take one everytime he goes into the kitchen.

-Joe giggled and said "i just wet myself from how good this is" and "is Mr. W the size of an orca whale from your baking?" (nope!)

-Jeremy said not to bake so much or else everyone will be fat.










I am my own worst critic, but this is gooooddddd.... no lie- it melts in the mouth.  The cake and frosting was so smooth and so soft, once you put it into your mouth it just melted.  The crumbs were so small and soft....  One change I would do is to add one more squirt of coffee into the cake- make that flavor more evenly distributed and prominent.     

No comments:

Post a Comment